Coordination of TC-IWP Research
The Research Coordinator is directly involved in the conduct and coordination of experimental research activities utilising UA, CSU and partner organisation facilities and expertise. They seek to achieve synergies, efficiencies and integration (where appropriate) across our broad range or research topics.
The primary objectives of the Coordinators’ activities are to:
- Build a strong, compact and collaborative research team with coordinated research trials.
- Enhance the sharing of resources, facilities and expertise in participating organisations to achieve synergies and efficiencies leading to greater and broader outputs.
- Conduct research that links several TC-IWP projects and possibly existing and planned CSU and UA projects funded by Wine Australia.
- Define the unique chemical and sensory properties of distinct Australian wines made through more efficient processes that reduce waste and costs, and drive profitability (e.g. links projects 6-9, 10 and 14).
- Drive the collation, interpretation and dissemination of outcomes from TC-IWP projects via various extension mechanisms: articles in wine industry journals, industry seminars and workshops, presentations on integrated TC-IWP research activities at domestic and international conferences.
Could you tell us a bit about yourself and your academic background? I was born, raised and educated in Adelaide, South Australia. I completed a PhD at The University of Adelaide in 2012 in the School of Agriculture Food and Wine, whilst employed at the Australian...
The Australian Research Council Training Centre for Innovative Wine Production has won the 2020 Australian Council of Graduate Research award for Excellence in Graduate Research Supervision. The annual awards shine a spotlight on excellence in graduate research...
Could you tell us a bit about yourself and your academic background? I was born in Malaysia and grew up in the Philippines. I completed my BSc and MSc in chemistry from Ateneo, in Davao and Manila, respectively. I then joined the Philippine National Police and was...